Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tool #11

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Prezi. I think I've mentioned that. Edmodo has opened my eyes to new ways to use social networking in a safer, educational setting. I see myself using that more for online discussion groups -- sometimes you're not ready to talk about a concept during class. Sometimes you need time to percolate on that concept. An online discussion allows for that. Plus, you can do school work in your pajamas...

I don't know that my vision for using technology in the classroom has changed, but it has evolved. Two years ago, we created book trailers with the Flip cameras and iMovie. Last year, with iBooks and mics, we created and posted podcasts of Fairy Tale adaptions. This year, I think I'm going to give students a choice for a media product in the spring based on all the many sites and technologies that they've used all year. (Green screen!!!)

I've always found it difficult to LET GO in the classroom; to just let the kids make mistakes and learn from them. Now I find myself telling them to figure it out and come to me only if they've tried three different things and haven't succeeded yet -- clicking refresh three times TOTALLY doesn't count. I think the technology will allow me greater freedom in working with smaller groups and letting students work more independently...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the 11 tools blog. WOW! You hit the nail on the head. Technology will help with small groups and I love how you put that students can make mistakes and try to figure things out. They are going to become independent learners. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete